TAY DOG DRYING COAT (CUSTOM SIZE)
Please note that the breed guide is a suggestion only and I would always recommend measuring your dog to ensure that the coat you purchase is a good fit.
I also make custom size coats and the price of the coats are based on the length of the coat. There are separate product pages for custom sizes for each of the coat styles.
Materials and Care
- Microfibre towel inner
- Polyester polar fleece outer
To preserve the fibres in the microfibre and to ensure that they continue to work effectively to absorb moisture please observe the following:
- Your drying coat can be washed in a washing machine at temperatures up to 40 degrees celcius.
- Only use non-biological powders/liquids. Do not use fabric conditioners or softeners, or dual action tablets.
Air drying is preferable for microfibre, and you will find that your drying coat will dry relatively quickly if hung up.
Tumble drying is not recommended.
The Tay Dog Drying Coat is my mid-range drying coat . It has a strap that fits between the dog's front legs and so dries the chest and front of the belly area too.
- Use to warm and dry your dog after exercise or dog sports
- Great for putting on your dog after a walk in the rain, a swim in the sea or after a bath.
- The drying coat fits snug on your dog for maximum contact with the fur ensuring that moisture is absorbed quickly.
- Microfibre towelling inner and a polar fleece outer layer.
- The Tay Drying Coat slips over your dog's head, and the microfibre towel lined underbelly strap is placed between your dog's front legs and then wraps and fastens around the dog's waist for extra drying and warmth.
- As the underbelly strap goes between the legs there are no leg holes to manipulate your dog's legs through and so it is quick and simple to pop on and is great for dogs that may have sore joints or are uncomfortable with you touching their legs.
- Machine washable.
This item is a custom sized item. Please click here for guidance on measuring your dog.
The price of the Custom Size coat is based on the length of the coat.
- First please enter the measurements in centimetres for length, girth, and neck size.
- Then please choose the size range that the length of your coat falls into so that the correct price for your coat is selected.
Please use the Additional Information text box to provide any further information that you may feel to be useful. For example if your dog is particularly deep chested you may wish to provide the chest and waist measurement too, or if you have a broad dog you may wish to provide the breast measurement.
Please measure your dog carefully as custom made coats are non returnable, unless the item is faulty or there is an error on the part of Freckles Designs.
Personalise your Drying Coat
Add an individual touch to your Freckles Drying Coat by embroidering your dog's name onto it for just £9.00. Enter a maximum of 9 letters per line (max 2 lines of text) and you can choose from 4 different thread colours to complement the fleece outer. (Embroidery may not be as visible on patterned fabrics.)
Please note that personalised coats cannot be returned so please ensure that you order the correct size for your dog and we would recommend that you always measure your dog.
The coat I bought was custom material and size. It is a lovely fabric and is well made, it ended up being a bit too large (my fault as I didn’t follow the sizing guide on the website correctly) and the seller offered to adjust it.
Would definitely recommend and use again. (already bought a jumper, see photo!)
Excellent product. Really impressed. Very easy to use and very easy to wash and dry. Does everything and more. I mainly picked this because it was not made in China or Vietnam where there is horrific cat and dog abuse and I am very pleased to not only have an amazing product but I have also supported a home grown business.
I am really impressed with the quality of the fleece and towling fabric on the coat. The sizing is a little small around the neck and middle but fine for keeping my dog warm at agility competitions. I would definitely recommend and buy again!
These coats are superb.
I have ordered 4 of these coats now.
The original 2 are still going strong, but with the constant wet weather I ordered another 2.
Well worth waiting for 6 weeks for a quality product as far as I am concerned.
Update with a photi