MORLICH WATERPROOF COAT (CUSTOM SIZE)
Please note that the breed guide is a suggestion only and I would always recommend measuring your dog to ensure that the coat you purchase is a good fit.
* Please note that the length of the coat will be slightly longer than the length in the chart below as the coat is sloped at the back to provide cover for the rear of your dog. For example, the Intermediate coat is made to suit a dog with a back length of approx 54cm, but the length of the coat is 57cm.
If your dog has an upright tail please leave a note in the comments box at checkout and the coat will be made without the extra sloping, and will match the length in the chart below.
I also make custom size coats and the price of the coats are based on the length of the coat. There are separate product pages for custom sizes for each of the coat styles.
Materials and Care
- Polyester Microfibre outer with waterproof, windproof and breathable coating. The 2 layer fabric has a soft peached face making it quiet to wear.
- Polyester inner
As it is a lightweight fabric it is advisable that the coat is not worn in areas where it can catch or snag on branches or undergrowth as it may rip the lightweight technical fabric.
To prolong the life of your waterproof coat, wash it as little as possible as each time the coat is washed it shortens the life of the waterproof coating and seam tape.
It is preferable to lightly wipe off the dirt with a damp cloth, or fill a bucket with cold water and slosh the coat around to remove the dirt and then allow to air dry. Do not wring or squeeze your coat.
It is not recommended that waterproof clothing is washed with detergent, fabric conditioners or softeners as the chemicals can breakdown the composition of the fibres with each wash and strip the coat of its waterproofing coating. Instead a tech wash solution can be used (such as Nikwax Tech Wash), pure soap flakes, or wash on a water cycle only, ensuring that the machine is clean of all detergents first by running a rinse cycle first.
If you notice that the fabric of your coat is absorbing rather than repelling water, you may wish to reproof your coat.
Keep your dog warm and dry in a stylish raincoat when out and about in wet or cold weather.
- Waterproof, windproof and breathable fabric
- Designed to allow for free movement of the front legs
- Zipped harness hole *
- Reflective stripes
- Covered leg straps
- Elasticated neck line
- Hanging loop
* If you don't require the zipped harness hole please use the discount code NOHARNESS at checkout to receive a 5% discount.
These waterproof coats are made from peached coated microfibre (the material feels like the skin of a peach). The coated microfibre is a lightweight technical sportswear fabric which is both waterproof and breathable. As it is a lightweight fabric it is advisable that the coat is not worn in areas where it can catch or snag on branches or undergrowth as it may rip the lightweight technical fabric.
You have the option of having the coat lined with fleece for extra warmth, or with black airtex mesh for a lightweight raincoat. The coats have three reflective strips to aid visibility in the dark.
The coats slip over your dogs head and have an elasticated v-neck for ease of putting on and off and for a more comfortable fit. They have an underbelly strap to keep the chest nice and dry, and fasten with a buckle and adjustable strap around the dog's middle.
All the raincoats now come with a zipped harness hole so that your dog can wear their harness under the jacket - please measure your dog while they are wearing their harness as this may affect your girth and chest measurements. Harnesses with handles on them are not suited to be worn under the coat.
They have colour co-ordinated elastic leg straps which are sewn within the same peached fabric as the main body to ensure that the elastic doesn't catch on your dog's fur.
This item is a custom sized item. Please click here for guidance on measuring your dog.
The price of the Custom Size coat is based on the length of the coat.
- Please choose the size range that the length of your coat falls into so that the correct price for your coat is selected.
- Then enter the measurements in centimetres for length, girth, and neck size (please see notes below regarding the length measurement).
Please use the Further Information text box to provide any further information that you may feel to be useful. For example, the breed of your dog or if you have a broad dog you may wish to provide the breast measurement.
Please measure your dog carefully as custom sized coats are non returnable, unless the item is faulty or there is an error on the part of Freckles Designs.
* Please note that the length of the coat will be made slightly longer than the length that you provide as the coat is sloped at the back to provide cover for the rear of your dog. For example, if the length of your dog from base of neck to tail is 54cm and this is what you enter for measurement (A), then the actual length of the coat, including the slope, will be 57cm.
If your dog has an upright tail please leave a note in the comments box at checkout and the coat will be made without the extra sloping, and will match the length measurement that you provide.
Love these coats, superb quality and wash well. Been having them for years. Wouldn’t go anywhere else. Great service
Nice quality coat my only concern is not being able to machine wash it as I have a Spaniel and finds every bit of sludge available. It states no detergent and rinse in cold water only.
Thank you for your review David.
I do understand your concern about washing the coat, however it is recommended that any waterproof items should not be washed with regular detergent or fabric softeners as they can clog the pores in the fabric, restrict breathability, and strip the waterproof coating.
They can however be washed using a specially formulated detergent for cleaning waterproof clothing, such as those made by Nikwax or Graingers.
I now have a few jackets from freckles dog design and they are all superb quality, long lasting and very functional. Would not shop anywhere else. Customer service is second to none.
took me a bit researching to find a custom made coat for my male British Bulldog.
I followed the measuring instructions and sent them off.
The coat was delivered and fitted spot on , the coat is made of good quality material.
we even got a hand written message within the package.
Perfect fit looks fabulous